[cfe-dev] Help request for a game IDE project

Makslane Araújo Rodrigues makslane at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 11 10:59:39 PST 2008

Thanks, Chris!

I really hope have clang working in Game Editor, and I think the results of this integration will be valuable to the clang project too :-)

Regards,
Makslane

CC: cfe-dev at cs.uiuc.edu
From: clattner at apple.com
To: makslane at hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [cfe-dev] Help request for a game IDE project
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:45:42 -0800

On Nov 10, 2008, at 6:29 AM, Makslane Araújo Rodrigues wrote:Hi All,

I've recently released the code of the Game Editor project (http://game-editor.com).
Game Editor uses the C as script languae to make the games and, currently, uses the EiC library to

interpret the C codes. Now, I think is a great idea replace the Eic by clang. The project will gain

many improvements with this change (like better performance and code refactoring).

My purpose with this message is to invite you to take a look the Game Editor project and, if you like

it, help me to make this little C IDE based on clang.
Hi Makslane,
This is definitely a direction that we'd like to go with clang.  There are already people in the community that are very interested in interpretation specifically (e.g. read/eval/print loops), and Clang is built to be reusable in many different ways.  We also already use and support clang as a JIT compiler.  If you're interested in this, this talk from the llvm developer meeting is useful:Building an Efficient JIT
In any case, I think Clang would be very well suited for this sort of use!
-Chris