[cfe-dev] Help request for a game IDE project

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Tue Nov 11 10:45:42 PST 2008

On Nov 10, 2008, at 6:29 AM, Makslane Araújo Rodrigues wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've recently released the code of the Game Editor project (http://game-editor.com
> ).
> Game Editor uses the C as script languae to make the games and,
> currently, uses the EiC library to
>
> interpret the C codes. Now, I think is a great idea replace the Eic
> by clang. The project will gain
>
> many improvements with this change (like better performance and code
> refactoring).
>
> My purpose with this message is to invite you to take a look the
> Game Editor project and, if you like
>
> it, help me to make this little C IDE based on clang.

Hi Makslane,

This is definitely a direction that we'd like to go with clang.  There
are already people in the community that are very interested in
interpretation specifically (e.g. read/eval/print loops), and Clang is
built to be reusable in many different ways.  We also already use and
support clang as a JIT compiler.  If you're interested in this, this
talk from the llvm developer meeting is useful:
Building an Efficient JIT

In any case, I think Clang would be very well suited for this sort of
use!

-Chris