[llvm-foundation] LLVM Infrastructure

Renato Golin via llvm-foundation llvm-foundation at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 23 10:38:41 PDT 2016

On 23 May 2016 at 17:54, Tanya Lattner <tanyalattner at llvm.org> wrote:
> Now, you bring up a lot of good topics for discussion. My plan is not to change anything except the hardware/machine location.  I think everything you bring up is something that can/should be discussed going forward and get community input on.

Ok, so we'll migrate what we have, to give us time to have a proper
discussion without worrying about stability, and potentially take
rushed decisions.

It may cost a bit more overall, but we'll probably reach a better
place than if we rush things. Makes sense.

> This mailing list is exactly the place to discuss what the plan is. Its not the place to have full flushed discussions about if we should use bugzilla or jenkins, etc.

Right, so should the document you're writing be exposed earlier, so we
can have an idea on time frames and short-term plans? It'd help to
know when we can start the discussions about GitHub, Bugzilla and
Jenkins.

And if that's something you want to start yourself, after you're done
with the current plans, it'd be another reason to get the docs out
earlier, even if unfinished, so we know when to expect the discussions
to happen, and plan around it.

cheers,
--renato