[llvm-foundation] LLVM Infrastructure

Tanya Lattner via llvm-foundation llvm-foundation at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 23 09:54:37 PDT 2016

Sorry for the top post. I just didn’t want this email to seem like its being ignored.

I have a document I’m working on (well updating it) that describes the upgrade plan. We absolutely have to get off of llvm.org in the very short term. There are many software issues that make it harder to gather information about the performance of the machine. We also have to get off for security reasons. So we must move the existing infrastructure to the AWS machine that we have reserved for this purpose (which is allocated in the budget). This machine should be more than adequate for our needs, but more analysis should be done once we have moved.

Now, you bring up a lot of good topics for discussion. My plan is not to change anything except the hardware/machine location.  I think everything you bring up is something that can/should be discussed going forward and get community input on.

This mailing list is exactly the place to discuss what the plan is. Its not the place to have full flushed discussions about if we should use bugzilla or jenkins, etc. I don’t think that was necessarily your intention but it came across that way.

Thanks,
Tanya