[llvm-dev] Orc JIT v1 Deprecation

Alex Denisov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 13 01:22:22 PDT 2019

Hi folks,

Rather by accident than on purpose I looked at the release notes and found the following:
http://releases.llvm.org/8.0.0/docs/ReleaseNotes.html#changes-to-the-jit-apis

TL;DR: Orc v1 is deprecated and will be removed in the next release.

I have several questions in this regard:

1. Is there a migration guide I can use to update my code to the new version?
2. Is there any development plan for this part of LLVM? So far I have feeling that it's a closed source development.
3. Is there some communication channels I am missing to follow? I follow dev&commits mailing lists and present on IRC once in a while, but I somehow missed the message about the Orc v1 removal.

Also, the release notes mention that Orc v2 is the recommended way for the new projects, but:

1. Is there a documentation?
2. How stable the APIs are?

Thank you,
Alex.