[llvm-dev] Orc JIT v1 Deprecation

Praveen Velliengiri via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 15 10:52:24 PDT 2019

Hi Alex
Sorry for late reply

The New ORC APIs support concurrent compilation.
I'm not aware of any migration guide to ORC v2 from v1. But there is a
in-tree classes called LLJIT and LLLazyJIT which is an example for using
new ORC APIs.
You can also take a look at "Updating ORC for Concurrency" talk by lang
hames, the talk explains about the new APIs. I hope discussions about JIT
is generally available in LLVM-dev mailing lists.

For documentation kaleidoscope, I don't think the updated version is
available yet.  And I personally hope APIs are stable enough, and also
there is an effort to add speculation to JIT which modify the internals to
support that but APIs will mostly be the same, but not sure there may be a
some changes in future.

Also CC'ing Lang Hames for more insights

Thanks
Praveen