[llvm-dev] Proposal for an alternative bugtracking workflow

James Y Knight via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 14 10:11:08 PST 2019

I don't think that'd be a good way to implement it issue tracking with
github.

If we want to switch to github issues, we can do so within a single
repository *and* provide a tailored user experience for different
sub-products, by using issue templates. Issue templates can automatically
add issues to an appropriate label, assign to a default assignee, and
provide default text for users to fill in.

E.g., reusing "llvm-git-prototype" repository for testing, I've created an
test issue template for clangd. Click "New Issue" here, <
https://github.com/llvm-git-prototype/llvm/issues>. Documentation for
clangd could link directly to the clangd bug template, avoiding even the
"select a template" screen.