[llvm-dev] LLVM mtriple for aarch64-win32-msvc ?

Chris Lovett via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 15 20:00:46 PDT 2017

Thanks Martin, I'm generating the code using LLVM (writing llvm::Triple
myself and llvm::TargetRegistry::lookupTarget is working), and that's how
my bitcode is generated then using LLC to cross-compile that.

So using armv7-win32-msvc  is getting me a bit closer, but what CPU,
raspberry pi 3 is running a Cortext-A53, but when I specify that in -mcpu
argument I get this error:

> llc.exe test.bc -o test.obj -filetype=obj -O3 -mtriple=armv7-win32-msvc
-mcpu=cortex-a53 -relocation-model=pic
> llc.exe failed: LLVM ERROR: CPU: 'cortex-a53' does not support ARM mode
execution!