[llvm-dev] LLVM mtriple for aarch64-win32-msvc ?

Martin Storsjö via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 15 14:20:27 PDT 2017

On Fri, 15 Sep 2017, Chris Lovett via llvm-dev wrote:

> Is there a way to use LLC to cross-compile some code to run on Windows IOT
> on Raspberry Pi ?
> I was able to convince LLVM to spit out some bitcode for this, but when I
> try llc it dumps:
>
> llc.exe test.bc -o test.obj -filetype=obj -O3 -mtriple=aarch64-win32-msvc
> -mcpu=cortex-a53

Windows 10 IoT on Raspberry Pi (or anywhere else) is just 32 bit arm for
now, so you want to try the armv7-win32-msvc target triplet instead.

(There is some preliminary support for aarch64-win32 targets also; it
seems to work for C code for things I've tested so far, but e.g. C++
support is incomplete. And there's no public aarch64 windows version out
at all yet, it's supposedly coming late this year though. So far I've been
testing it with wine.)

// Martin