[llvm-dev] LLVM mtriple for aarch64-win32-msvc ?

Tim Northover via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Sep 16 08:36:34 PDT 2017

On 16 September 2017 at 04:00, Chris Lovett via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> So using armv7-win32-msvc  is getting me a bit closer, but what CPU,
> raspberry pi 3 is running a Cortext-A53, but when I specify that in -mcpu
> argument I get this error:
>
>> llc.exe test.bc -o test.obj -filetype=obj -O3 -mtriple=armv7-win32-msvc
>> -mcpu=cortex-a53 -relocation-model=pic
>> llc.exe failed: LLVM ERROR: CPU: 'cortex-a53' does not support ARM mode
>> execution!

I think I remember from discussions with Saleem that Windows only
supports code running in Thumb mode, so using "thumbv7" at the start
of the triple is probably a lot more likely to work.

That said, I have no idea why it's complaining about the Cortex-A53
CPU, that definitely supports ARM mode. It put it down to gremlins
producing random, non-helpful messages.

Cheers.

Tim.