[llvm-dev] -sanitizer-coverage-prune-blocks=true and LibFuzzer

Mehdi Amini via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 21 13:58:37 PDT 2016

> On Sep 21, 2016, at 1:56 PM, Mehdi Amini via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>

>> On Sep 21, 2016, at 1:43 PM, Kostya Serebryany <kcc at google.com <mailto:kcc at google.com>> wrote:
>>

>> On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 1:37 PM, Mehdi Amini <mehdi.amini at apple.com <mailto:mehdi.amini at apple.com>> wrote:

>>> Can you clarify?
>>>
>>> I thought is was about the development/debug/evolution/usability of http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk/lib/Fuzzer/ <http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk/lib/Fuzzer/>
>>>
>>> Yes, and this topic is substantially different from most other topics discussed on llvm-dev.
>>
>> How so? If discussion on the development of a LLVM sub-library does not belong to llvm-dev, I wonder if the library belong to LLVM in the first place (add to this that libFuzzer does not use anything else in LLVM…).
>>
>> There are users of libFuzzer that don't know much about LLVM and don't need/want to.
>> They may want to subscribe to a mailing list that talks precisely about the topic they want.
>
> Right, so basically libFuzzer should not be in the LLVM repo.

Note that we’re talking here about the internals and the development of the library, not really about “how to use it", for instance we have a mailing list for people not interested in the development of clang: http://lists.llvm.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/cfe-users <http://lists.llvm.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/cfe-users> (i.e. users).

—
Mehdi