[llvm-dev] (Thin)LTO llvm build

Teresa Johnson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 3 06:51:35 PDT 2016

On Sun, Oct 2, 2016 at 8:45 AM, Xinliang David Li <xinliangli at gmail.com>
wrote:

> bfd linker 2.26 works fine with LLVMgold.so.   As I mentioned in a
> previous email, 2.26 ar and ranlib also works fine as long as LLVMgold.so
> is put in a path binutils know about : $(bindir)/../lib/bfd-plugins/

That's interesting. I did not know LLVMgold.so could be used with the bfd
linker. According to http://llvm.org/docs/GoldPlugin.html, LLVM LTO
requires the gold linker. I've never tested with the bfd linker, and will
need to build one and try with it as my system has 2.24.

Teresa

David

--
Teresa Johnson |  Software Engineer |  tejohnson at google.com |  408-460-2413