[llvm-dev] X86 backend code ownership

Craig Topper via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 9 19:20:17 PST 2016

Thanks for the support Nadav, Zvi, Chandler, Renato, and anyone else I
missed.

Quetin, to maybe address your concerns. My focus lately has been fixing
inconsistency in instruction selection behavior between the older AVX
instruction encodings and the new AVX512 encodings. I've also been trying
to fix cases where concepts haven't been extended to wider vectors yet. For
instance, the instcombine handling of x86 shift intrinsics. I've also been
trying to remove AVX512 intrinsics for things that can be represented with
native IR or where we can use a legacy instrinsic and only need a masking
IR select instruction to support AVX512.

~Craig