[llvm-dev] Vectorizers code ownership

Nadav Rotem via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 8 22:00:46 PST 2016

Hi Quentin,

Thank you for bringing this up. I planned to finish the discussion on the vectorizer before starting the discussion on the X86 backed code ownership, but now is a good time. Simon, Sanjay, Craig, Elena, Bruno, Michael, Andrea, Chandler have made significant contributions to the X86 backend in the last few years. I think that Craig Topper would be a great code owner, assuming he wants to be. Craig, an Intel employee, has been working on the X86 backend for years. He implemented most of the AVX2 support, worked on performance improvements and worked with Elena on AVX512. What do you think?

-Nadav