[llvm-dev] RFC: Comprehensive Static Instrumentation

Christian Convey via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 20 06:02:26 PDT 2016

I think the CSI framework, or something like it, could be helpful for some
work I'm trying to do regarding dynamic memory analysis: given a C/C++
program in which certain l-value expressions are marked as "interesting",
invoke my analysis callback every time that memory is written.

Of the options I've looked at for implementing this, it sounds like CSI
might be my best bet.  (Factors include license terms, performance of the
instrumented app, and how much time it would take me to create such a tool.)

- Christian