[llvm-dev] RFC: Comprehensive Static Instrumentation

Tyler Denniston via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 23 13:55:02 PDT 2016

Hi Christian,

While not yet merged into LLVM trunk, the CSI implementation is
available for download from our public GitHub organization. You're
welcome to download CSI and start trying it out now.

To clone CSI, execute these commands:

   git clone --recursive git at github.com:csi-llvm/llvm.git
   cd llvm/csi
   ./build.sh

This will clone and build the modified version of LLVM trunk that
contains the modifications to implement CSI.

In the 'llvm/csi' directory, you'll see several example tools in the
'toolkit' directory, and a sample program and Makefile in the
'example' directory to illustrate how a CSI-instrumented executable is
created.

We've so far only tested on Ubuntu 14.04 x64_64. Please let us know of
any feedback you may have!

Tyler