[llvm-dev] RFC: SIMD math-function library

Naoki Shibata via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 14 21:37:47 PDT 2016

Hi all,

Okay, the point is whether Intel will publish the source code for their
SVML. If Intel will make SVML open-source, there would be not much
advantage in incorporating SLEEF into LLVM, since it would be also
fairly easy to port SVML to other architectures. If Intel will not
open-source SVML, then there could be advantage in using SLEEF for x86
by inlining the functions.

Is it possible to ask the person in charge what exactly Intel is going
to contribute?

Naoki Shibata