[llvm-dev] RFC: SIMD math-function library

Tian, Xinmin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 14 21:55:24 PDT 2016

Naoki,

Intel is planning open-source SVML library (most of them if it not 100%), 6 functions of SVML are open sourced for GCC and LLVM already. But,  Intel SVML is x86 centric (SSE2, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, AVX2 ....}. Personally, I am not sure if it would be fairly easy to port SVML to other architectures. SVML library team may provide a better answer, I will double check with them.

Given that SLEEF supports many different architectures, I think it has a value for LLVM, at least before all porting is done for SVML library to other architectures by LLVM community after Intel open sourced it.

Thanks,
Xinmin