[LLVMdev] [RFC] Raise minimum required CMake version to 3.0

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Tue Mar 10 18:08:01 PDT 2015

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 5:46 PM, Rafael EspĂ­ndola <
rafael.espindola at gmail.com> wrote:

> As for the advantages, this seems to make it easier to drop the
> autoconf build, which would be a really big win for us.

My only problem here is this: it *seems*.

I would like concrete and specific advantages. I think we're just being way
too hypothetical and vague.

If there are specific things that we cannot do today and could do by
requiring a certain version of cmake, that would be a good discussion to
have. Saying that there might be things and that they might help isn't
going to get us anywhere. ;]