[llvm-dev] lit improvement
Andrei.Serebro at synopsys.com
Wed Aug 5 02:20:52 PDT 2015
Me and my supervisor are interested in improving llvm's lit a little bit. Currently, there are few things, that seem to be not very convenient about the tool:
* Having several RUN commands in a failing test, it's impossible to figure out, which of them actually caused the test to fail. We can output the number of the failing RUN line.
* It would be nice to distinguish test fails caused by some internal errors, e.g. segfaults and those which fail because of non 0 error code.
* Having support for different hardware extensions with no need to write custom test for each of them seems to be useful also. For example, it would be cool to have possibility to add some custom test options, which can be checked during test initialization to avoid running unsupported by the hardware tests.
* Also it would be nice to add more parameterization into RUN commands: for example, iterate over a predefined set of values, and run test with each of them as a parameter.
* Add lit.cfg directory explicit setting: now it is always in the root, but maybe you want to use one file for many test suites, then you need to copy it to each suite root, which is not really convenient.
Main question is, are there some serious reasons why this was not implemented yet? If so, please describe them, for I'm really new one to llvm and particularly lit, and maybe don't understand all the underneath problems of the suggestions above.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the llvm-dev