[LLVMdev] Unsupported MCJIT tests on ARM?

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Sat May 18 07:34:25 PDT 2013

On 18 May 2013 09:56, Tim Northover <t.p.northover at gmail.com> wrote:

> According to Amara that assertion was a bit of paranoia so we'd know
> if someone tried emitting .rel relocations and sending the result
> through MCJIT. However, now we routinely re-relocate using explicit
> addends so as he says it can probably just be removed.

Hi Tim,

Sorry, I saw that thread but earlier on, and Amara's answer got flushed
away.

Amara, what you're saying is that it should be ok to remove the warning and
mark the tests as passing on ARM, right?

I was in doubt if the test had to pass (despite the warning) or it was
passing because something was wrong.

I'll prepare a patch and will send for your review.

cheers,
--renato