[LLVMdev] Unsupported MCJIT tests on ARM?

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Sat May 18 07:55:12 PDT 2013

So, it seems David beat me to it, and the assert has already been removed,
but the failures are still inconsistent.

A9-check-all, compiled with GCC:
Tests XPASS:
  LLVM :: ExecutionEngine__MCJIT__test-common-symbols-remote.ll
  LLVM :: ExecutionEngine__MCJIT__test-global-init-nonzero-remote.ll
  LLVM :: ExecutionEngine__MCJIT__test-ptr-reloc-remote.ll
Unit-tests pass.

A9-self-host, compiled with GCC:
Tests XPASS:
  LLVM :: ExecutionEngine__MCJIT__test-data-align-remote.ll
  LLVM :: ExecutionEngine__MCJIT__test-ptr-reloc-remote.ll
Unit-tests pass.

A9-self-host, compiled with Clang:
Tests XPASS::
  LLVM :: ExecutionEngine__MCJIT__test-common-symbols-remote.ll
  LLVM :: ExecutionEngine__MCJIT__test-data-align-remote.ll
  LLVM :: ExecutionEngine__MCJIT__test-global-init-nonzero-remote.ll
  LLVM :: ExecutionEngine__MCJIT__test-ptr-reloc-remote.ll
Unit-tests pass.

Both A9 bots are running the same Ubuntu (13.03), with the same GCC
(4.7.2), and are the same hardware (Panda ES RevB), so it really strikes me
as odd that we have such a different behaviour between them.

ARM920, compiled with GCC:
All tests pass.
Unit-test fail:
  MCJITTest.return_global

If I take out the XFAIL on those tests, some bots will fail, others will
pass. This is not the solution. It either pass on all, or none. All errors
started with David's patch, so I'm assuming it was something enabled by
that. It could be a dormant, unrelated bug to his patch, but it was
certainly activated by it.

cheers,
--renato