[LLVMdev] Win32 COFF Support

Bigcheese bigcheesegs at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 23:41:31 PDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 11:11 PM, Nathan Jeffords
<blunted2night at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is cool, I was looking into something like this, but hit a little bit
> of a wall, and then got sidetracked on another project. I was going to use
> llc to generate COFF object files asĀ opposedĀ to clang. Seems to me llc would
> give better control over what was generated and would also not require clang
> to be in the tree.
> Is there any documentation on how to run these tests from windows?

I just tried to actually run the tests in llvm/test (as opposed to
llvm/tools/clang/test) and none of them work on windows. They all fail
due to windows using \ for directories, which the test runner seems to
want to use as an escape sequence.

What I don't get is how clang tests run fine on windows, but not llvm
tests. And why I have not seen this problem posted anywhere.

- Michael Spencer