[LLVMdev] Win32 COFF Support

Bigcheese bigcheesegs at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 01:43:08 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 2:41 AM, Bigcheese <bigcheesegs at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 11:11 PM, Nathan Jeffords
> <blunted2night at gmail.com> wrote:
>> This is cool, I was looking into something like this, but hit a little bit
>> of a wall, and then got sidetracked on another project. I was going to use
>> llc to generate COFF object files asĀ opposedĀ to clang. Seems to me llc would
>> give better control over what was generated and would also not require clang
>> to be in the tree.
>> Is there any documentation on how to run these tests from windows?
>
> I just tried to actually run the tests in llvm/test (as opposed to
> llvm/tools/clang/test) and none of them work on windows. They all fail
> due to windows using \ for directories, which the test runner seems to
> want to use as an escape sequence.
>
> What I don't get is how clang tests run fine on windows, but not llvm
> tests. And why I have not seen this problem posted anywhere.
>
> - Michael Spencer

I poked around, and after applying the attached patch, some tests run
just fine. (test's with grep and spaces are broken as are some
others).

Here's how I run the test I wrote:

C:\Users\Michael\Projects\llvm>"C:\Python26\python.exe"    C:/Users/Michael/Proj
ects/llvm/utils/lit/lit.py    --param llvm_site_config=C:/Users/Michael/Projects
/llvm-build/VS9/test/lit.site.cfg    --param llvm_unit_site_config=C:/Users/Mich
ael/Projects/llvm-build/VS9/test/Unit/lit.site.cfg    -v    C:/Users/Michael/Pro
jects/llvm-build/VS9/test/MC/COFF/basic-coff.s

- Michael Spencer