[LLVMdev] Compiling Kaleidoscope on Windows

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Sun Jan 31 12:29:35 PST 2010

Russell Wallace <russell.wallace at gmail.com> writes:

> On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 8:02 PM, Óscar Fuentes <ofv at wanadoo.es> wrote:
>> A transformation pass. If the program works without it, I don't think it
>> is important unless you care about optimization.
>
> Ah, I was afraid of that, because I do care very much about
> optimization -- it's the main reason I'm planning on using llvm for my
> compiler backend in the first place.
>
> Any guess at where to start investigating why LLVMInstCombine.lib
> might be missing? If there had been an error during the attempt to
> compile it, would the build process have stopped there, or just
> skipped it and kept going new?

nmake should stop. The IDE does not, although reports the number of
errors at the end.

Read http://www.llvm.org/docs/CMake.html for learning how to build LLVM
on the configuration you wish. Then, start anew. Watch the output of
nmake to see if those libraries are skipped.

That said, those libraries are new and not present on the last official
LLVM release. So, unless you are using a svn checkout, it is normal that
they are absent.

[snip]