[LLVMdev] status of EH tests in llvm test-suite

Dale Johannesen dalej at apple.com
Fri Jan 22 15:10:01 PST 2010

On Jan 22, 2010, at 3:01 PMPST, Jose Rangel wrote:
> 2) The following test is commented out on purpose:
> MultiSource/Benchmarks/Misc-C++-EH/spirit
>
> Should this test still be commented out? It’s actually has the most
> lines of code of all your tests and seems quite useful. In addition,
> it seems to work for us. Is there something wrong with this test
> (e.g. buggy test?). Or is (or was) llvm buggy when running this test?

I looked at this at one point; it got very inconsistent failures in
several different Darwin environments, both ppc and x86, both gcc and
llvm-gcc.   It looked like a memory error of some kind, wild load or
store somewhere, use-after-free, something like that.  It was not I
who disabled it but my data led me to agree with that decision.