[LLVMdev] status of EH tests in llvm test-suite

Jose Rangel jrangel at arxan.com
Fri Jan 22 15:01:14 PST 2010

Hi,

I'm using the release version of llvm 2.6. In the
llvm/projects/test-suite directory, there are several tests that are
commented out from running, or not running via a define statement. In
particular, I am inquiring about the status of the EH tests since some
tests seem to be enabled to run by default, but some aren't. From
looking at your tests, I've noticed the following:

1) I can see that some EH tests are running by default:

SingleSource/Regression/C++/EH:

ConditionalExpr

ctor_dtor_count

ctor_dtor_count2

dead_try_block

exception_spec_test

function_try_block

simple_rethrow

simple_throw

throw_rethrow_test

2) The following test is commented out on purpose:

MultiSource/Benchmarks/Misc-C++-EH/spirit

Should this test still be commented out? It's actually has the most
lines of code of all your tests and seems quite useful. In addition, it
seems to work for us. Is there something wrong with this test (e.g.
buggy test?). Or is (or was) llvm buggy when running this test?

3) There are also tests (using the default configuration) that in the
Makefile specify  "REQUIRES_EH_SUPPORT=1" and seem to not run by
default:

SingleSource/UnitTests:

            SetjmpLongjmp/C++/C++Catch.cpp

            SetjmpLongjmp/C++/C/FarJump.c

            SetjmpLongjmp/C++/C/Looping.c

            SetjmpLongjmp/C++/C/MultipleSetjmp.c

            SetjmpLongjmp/C++/C/SimpleCTest.c

            SetjmpLongjmp/C++/C/WhileLoop.c

            SignlessTypes/cast-bug.c

            SignlessTypes/cast.cpp

            SignlessTypes/cast2.cpp

            SignlessTypes/ccc.c

            SignlessTypes/div.c

            SignlessTypes/factor.c

            SignlessTypes/rem.c

            SignlessTypes/shr.c

4) are the -enable-eh and/or -enable-eh-conditional-support flags still
needed? That is, to enable eh support, must one specify these flags? If
so, are these flags only given as an argument to llc? Or to
llvm-gcc/llvm-g++?

Thanks,

Jose

Jose Rangel