[LLVMdev] ANTLR?

Vikram S. Adve vadve at cs.uiuc.edu
Mon Jul 13 07:04:49 PDT 2009

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my questions about a C++
parser.  My original impression matched what David wrote below, which
is that only g++ and EDG have complete, standards-compliant C++ front
ends.  Unfortunately, both licenses are less than ideal from our POV.
Also, we need both a front-end and a code generator.  On the other
hand, we don't need full compliance *today* -- something that is close
3 months from today and nearly fully compliant in 6-9 months would
work for us -- so we are going to take a closer look at the plans for
clang.

--Vikram
Associate Professor, Computer Science
http://llvm.org/~vadve