[LLVMdev] Rebuilding LLVM libraries with LLVM-GCC on Windows

Michael Ness mike at liquido2.com
Wed Dec 9 19:29:31 PST 2009

Thanks Óscar,

I decided to forget 2.5 and move on to 2.6 which built fine with CMake.
However, I continue to have problems with llvm-config when using the
following command:

$ llvm-g++ out.s -o out `llvm-config --ldflags --libs core support system
x86`

I consistently get undefined reference errors that are from libraries that
should've been linked already.  The errors change depending on the order of
the components.  There is obviously dependency issues--references to libs
that have already been linked.  How do I resolve these dependency problems?

Also, I'm unable to use "llvm-config --libs all" because I receive the
error: "llvm-config: unknown component name: pic16codegen"
 llvm-config --components doesn't list pic16codegen, so I'm confused why
it's included with --libs all.

--Mike Ness