[LLVMdev] lli and runtime error

Samuel Crow samuraileumas at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 25 14:28:54 PDT 2009

Hello Pushkar,

>I get the error Could not resolve external global address: __dso_handle

Based on what I've read on the mailing list in the past, that's because the interpreter doesn't support non-bitcode external addresses such as the function calls used to do input and output of data.  As such the interpreter is quite useless in its current state.

If you use JIT compilation it will work because the JIT compiler does support external references such as printf or whatever other command you're trying to use to access the operating system you are running on.

I wish I had better news for you.

--Sam