[LLVMdev] Question about SPARC target status

Luke K. Dalessandro luked at cs.rochester.edu
Tue Nov 11 10:27:57 PST 2008

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008, Anton Korobeynikov wrote:

>> Speaking of SPARC ABI can I still call non-FP external (i.e. compiled
>> with regular non-llvm gcc to native sparc binary) functions from within
>> LLVM code? Or ABI is competely broken?
>
> I think best answer will be: try it and let us know :) Currently there
> is no active sparc maintainer, thus it will be safe to assume it to be
> arbitrary broken.

>From my very brief visual inspection it seems like it should probably work
for code that doesn't try and pass or return a structure, complex number,
or double precision floating point number by value, or use any type of
nifty calling convention like FASTCALL or whatever else gcc defines.

This is completely untested though.

-Luke

>> Do you mean calls like __gnu_cxx::__exchange_and_add ?
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Atomic-Builtins.html

I was actually referring to llvm.atomic.* that is in my .ll code. I get
"not-yet-implemented" errors.

-Luke