[LLVMdev] Question about SPARC target status

Peter Shugalev peter at shugalev.com
Tue Nov 11 10:34:21 PST 2008

Hi,

Anton Korobeynikov wrote:
>> I thought llvm-gcc isn't meant to compile for specific target (at least
>> with -emit-llvm flag I'm using).
> No, it is not. C language is highly target-specific, thus LLVM IR
> obtained from such sources also has the same nice 'property'

I can see only one reason for such dependence: inclusion of system
headers in /usr/include. If I compile llvm-gcc with predefined set of
Linux headers (the way cross-compilers are usually made) will the IR
output be the same no matter which platform is used for compilation?

--
Best Regards
Peter Shugalev