[LLVMdev] Question about SPARC target status

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Tue Nov 11 09:44:17 PST 2008

Hi,

> I thought llvm-gcc isn't meant to compile for specific target (at least
> with -emit-llvm flag I'm using).
No, it is not. C language is highly target-specific, thus LLVM IR
obtained from such sources also has the same nice 'property'

> Speaking of SPARC ABI can I still call non-FP external (i.e. compiled
> with regular non-llvm gcc to native sparc binary) functions from within
> LLVM code? Or ABI is competely broken?
I think best answer will be: try it and let us know :) Currently there
is no active sparc maintainer, thus it will be safe to assume it to be
arbitrary broken.

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Atomic-Builtins.html

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov