[LLVMdev] LLVM on MinGW

Alain Frisch alain.frisch at lexifi.com
Thu Nov 29 02:56:35 PST 2007

Antony Blakey wrote:
> SVN head LLVM and Clang built out of the box for me a week ago on
> MSYS/MINGW, using the following files:

Ok, I tried to do the same. The compilations stops with the following
error message (actually, I got to the same point in my attempt to build
LLVM with the MinGW compiler shipped with Cygwin):

llvm[1]: Compiling MachineLoopInfo.cpp for Debug build
MachineLoopInfo.cpp: In instantiation of
`llvm::LoopBase<BlockT>::LoopBase(const llvm::LoopBase<BlockT>&) [with
BlockT = llvm::MachineBasicBlock]':
MachineLoopInfo.cpp:22:   instantiated from here
MachineLoopInfo.cpp:22: error: explicit instantiation of
`llvm::LoopBase<BlockT>::LoopBase(const llvm::LoopBase<BlockT>&) [with
BlockT = llvm::MachineBasicBlock]' but no definition available
MachineLoopInfo.cpp: In instantiation of `const llvm::LoopBase<BlockT>&
llvm::LoopBase<BlockT>::operator=(const llvm::LoopBase<BlockT>&) [with
BlockT = llvm::MachineBasicBlock]':

What's wrong? I know too little about C++ to understand the problem.

Thanks!

Alain