[LLVMdev] LLVM Roadmap 2007-2008, PowerPC, multithreading, LLVM 2.0, etc ?

Valery khamenya at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 01:18:32 PDT 2007

Hi Reid,

http://llvm.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=enhancement&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailcc2=1&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&changedin=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&namedcmd=Bugs+I+Fixed&newqueryname=&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=
> Other sources of information are llvmdev mailing list and the IRC
> channel.

well, I love this project and happy to come back. Nevertheless
also for those like me -- after several years tracking
the project -- some helper is needed. Indeed, Bugzilla
gives no quick overview on where LLVM is and where it is
going to.

> >  * multithreading in general
> For multi-threading, one of the GSoC projects intends to add some
> parallelism features to HLVM/LLVM this summer.

thanks for info, Reid, I will look at this.

> >  * possibly coming changes in major versioning and related issues
>
> We're switching to Subversion in < 1 week, if that's what you mean.  Or
> did you have some other meaning for "versioning" ?

smth different. As I have found recently, at the end of April
LLVM is likely to be branched for version 2.0
As one could guess some major changes are to be
introduced. It would be nice to get a rough idea
about the vector of new changes.

Best regards
--
Valery A.Khamenya