[LLVMdev] LLVM Roadmap 2007-2008, PowerPC, multithreading, LLVM 2.0, etc ?

Scott Michel scottm at rushg.aero.org
Wed Apr 11 18:27:54 PDT 2007

>> * planned features for PS3 Cell processor -- as well as for Wii, Xbox360 CPUs

Yes, I'm working on the SPE backend. It's about 60% done. It also needs
gcc 4.2. Integrating the llvm-gcc mods into the 4.2 code base is
progressing along, but not at quite the pace I'd like.

Secondarily, the code has to go through my employer's software review
committee for release (a formality), but would expect to release
something in the late July or early August timeframe.

-scooter