[LLVMdev] LLVM Roadmap 2007-2008, PowerPC, multithreading, LLVM 2.0, etc ?

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Tue Apr 10 11:26:54 PDT 2007

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, Valery Khamenya wrote:
> where could one find any LLVM development roadmap for this
> and perhaps next year?

We generally have not published a road map like this because it is very
difficult to do it in a meaningful way.  Because LLVM is largely driven by
volenteers and because noone working on it guarantees that they will
finish a project that they start, we can't make 'promises' about new
features.

However, any specific person, at any specific time, should be able to tell
you what they are working on.  Personally, I'm working on building large
amounts of code with LLVM, fixing bugs and adding features as they are
needed.  Lately it seems that this means lots of inline asm bug fixes. :)

In the next month or two, I'd like to finish up our C++ EH implementation,
ideally for 2.0, but (again) no promises :).

-Chris

> Especially would be interesting to know about
>
> * planned features for PS3 Cell processor -- as well as for Wii, Xbox360 CPUs
> * multithreading in general
> * possibly coming changes in major versioning and related issues
> * other interesting featuring
>
> comments on current status to above listed items are also very welcome.
>
> Best regards
> --
> Valery A.Khamenya

-Chris