[LLVMdev] Native win32 port

Brian R. Gaeke gaeke at uiuc.edu
Thu Sep 2 09:04:44 PDT 2004

> Are you interested in taking in account the possibility that the LLVM
> source code could be compiled with Microsoft compiler on windows?

If you think it's not too far off, then we'd be happy to consider patches,
insofar as they increase LLVM's C++ standards compliance.

> Most of the problems are pretty trivial... for example:
>
> - A lot of .cpp lacked the inclusion of the <algorithm> header (I'm
> using the STLport-4.6.2, the Microsoft implementation of hash_map and
> co. is too different)
> - sometimes the std:: prefix is not used for 'sort' or 'find'
> - C99 style array wich are not supported by the Ms compiler...
> etc etc
>
> There's the interest for *umm* fixing that little problems?

These do look interesting, especially the std:: thing you mentioned
above, though we'll have to do case-by-case review to be sure.
Please submit patches, and we'll be happy to review them.

Thanks!

-Brian