[LLVMdev] Native win32 port

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Thu Sep 2 09:42:33 PDT 2004

Paolo,

In addition to Brian's comments, please note that we're currently
consolidating the platform-specific code into a single library:
lib/System. Henrik Bach has signed up to provide both the Interix and
Win32 ports of that library. However, much of LLVM has not yet been
converted to use lib/System yet. That means it will work on most Unix
variants but definitely won't with win32 native (non cygwin) interfaces.
Its of high interest to us to support native win32, its just that most
of the developers are more familiar with Unix. If you're interested in
working on this, I suggest you contact Henrik Bach
(henrik_bach_llvm at hotmail.com) and consider collaboration with him. I
will give you as much assistance as I can.

Reid.