[LLVMdev] Native win32 port

Paolo Invernizzi arathorn at fastwebnet.it
Thu Sep 2 01:36:21 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I've read with interest the threads of August about a win32 port
(without cygwin), and as a joke yesterday I tried compiling LLVM on
win32 with VC7.1, targeting the HowToUseJIT example...

Well, apart from obvious problems, it went pretty well.
I cannot reach the end of the process, but I'm feeling it's not too far.

So the point is:

Are you interested in taking in account the possibility that the LLVM
source code could be compiled with Microsoft compiler on windows?

Most of the problems are pretty trivial... for example:

- A lot of .cpp lacked the inclusion of the <algorithm> header (I'm
using the STLport-4.6.2, the Microsoft implementation of hash_map and
co. is too different)
- sometimes the std:: prefix is not used for 'sort' or 'find'
- C99 style array wich are not supported by the Ms compiler...
etc etc

There's the interest for *umm* fixing that little problems?

Best regards

---
Paolo Invernizzi