[lldb-dev] Setting shared library search paths and core files

Pavel Labath via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 5 02:43:41 PDT 2017

Core file debugging is not that well supported right now. I have made
a couple of fixes from time to time, mainly because I see it as a
possibility for testing other parts of the debugger, but I don't think
it get's much use and testing (on linux anyway).

I *think* you might be able to get it working by adding paths to all
libraries included in the core dump into your target.exec-search-paths
(so something like /sysroot/lib, /sysroot/usr/lib, ...), but I don't
guarantee anything. the --sysroot thingy sounds like the most
straight-forward interface, so it would be awesome if you could get
that working.