[lldb-dev] Setting shared library search paths and core files

Scott Smith via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 4 10:57:36 PDT 2017

Before I dive into the code to see if there's a bug, I wanted to see if I
was just doing it wrong.

I have an application with a different libc, etc than the machine I'm
running the debugger on.  The application also has a bunch of libraries
that simply don't exist in the normal location on my dev machine.  I do
have everything extracted in a subdirectory with proper relative paths
(i.e. my_extract/lib/..., my_extract/opt/..., my_extract/usr/..., etc).

With gdb, I'd do something like:

set sysroot .
file opt/my_cool_program
core my_broken_coredump

then everything would work.

I've tried (
http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/lldb-dev/2016-January/009233.html):

platform select --sysroot . host  (also tried remote-linux, that didn't
work either)
target create opt/my_cool_program --core my_broken_coredump

or based on:
http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/lldb-dev/2016-January/009235.html

setting set target.exec-search-paths .
target create opt/my_cool_program --core my_broken_coredump

or, based on:
http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/lldb-dev/2016-January/009236.html

target create opt/my_cool_program --core my_broken_coredump
target modules search-paths add /lib ./lib

None of them seem to work.  I tried lldb-3.9 in case any recent changes
affected this functionality.

Is there a more correct way to do this?  Or does this seem like a bug?