[lldb-dev] " Import error: No module named embedded_interpreter" on windows

Zachary Turner via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 5 08:56:48 PDT 2015

Are you using MSBuild or Ninja to build (i.e. are you clicking the Build
Solution button in Visual Studio or running ninja from command line)?  I
don't know where it puts this stuff with a VS2013 build, but with a ninja
build, your directory will be organized like this:

build
|___bin
     |___lldb.exe
     |___liblldb.dll
|___lib
     |___site-packages
           |___lldb
                 |___lldb_d.pyd   // If this is a debug build, lldb.pyd if
release

I'm betting you're missing the pyd file.  Can you confirm? Then we can
diagnose that if it turns out to be the problem.