[lldb-dev] " Import error: No module named embedded_interpreter" on windows

kwadwo amankwa via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 5 05:19:56 PDT 2015

Hi guys,

Can someone point me in the right direction on this . I have managed to
set up my environment on windows , compiling python2.7.10 using VS2013
and building llvm/lldb in VS2013. lldb and all its libraries build
successfully so its just when I import lldb into my python project I get
this error.

File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
Import error: No module named embedded_interpreter

  Also when I use the 'script' command in the lldb interpreter , lldb
completely crashes  with an unhandled exception in the  python
file_write  function (fileobject.c:1852)

n2 = fwrite(s, 1, n, f->f_fp);

the call to fwrite causes an access violation  . My intuition tells me
that i'm missing  a lib or something but I can't put my finger on it.
Please Help !