[lldb-dev] update: lldb-gdbserver on x86_64 linux

Todd Fiala tfiala at google.com
Wed Feb 5 09:40:55 PST 2014

I don't see a problem with that.  There is a ton of basic functionality not
working there yet but will be coming online soonish.  I was limiting it to
just Linux x86_64 to simplify the initial bring-up, but now that I have a
FreeBSD VM, this is probably a good sanity check to make sure I won't have
too much work to bring it up in other environments.

So feel free to turn it on for FreeBSD.

> This is the assert (g_swig_init_callback != NULL) in
ScriptInterpreterPython.cpp?

Nah - it's an issue with the current default Host process launching on
Linux (and maybe FreeBSD?) that doesn't seem to be able to launch a process
in a stopped state.  So there's an assert in the posix launch that verifies
the launch flag doesn't ask for starting the process in a stopped state.
 (Not so helpful for a debugger, eh? ;-) ).  I think this problem will go
away when I start bridging over to launching processes correctly soon here.
 For the moment you'll see that Linux masks out the launch flag for launch
in a debugged state.  Obviously we do this right for local debugging, so
I'll be adjusting this code soon.

--
Todd Fiala | Software Engineer | tfiala at google.com | 650-943-3180