[lldb-dev] Host::LaunchProcess vs. ProcessPlugin::DoLaunch

Zachary Turner zturner at google.com
Fri Aug 8 17:14:14 PDT 2014

Why are there different code paths for launching a process through these
two methods?  Shouldn't there just be one codepath for launching a process?

I've implemented a very primitive process launch for Windows in
ProcessPluginWindows::DoLaunch, but now I'm running into cases where tests
are failing because Host::LaunchProcess isn't implemented yet on Windows.
 What do I need to understand about the differences between these two
codepaths to make sure I implement the two correctly?  And is there perhaps
a way to refactor some of this code so that all of the process-spawning
code lives in the same place, and the launch args are flexible enough to
support all of the different use cases?