[lldb-dev] Merging/Unification of windows and trunk builds

João Matos ripzonetriton at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 11:41:15 PDT 2013

On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Virgile Bello <virgile.bello at gmail.com>wrote:

> I currently target MSVC12 since it is supposed to have better C++11
> support, but going from MSVC12 to MSVC11 is only a few changes.
>
> If everybody is OK to go this way, most of the windows branch will end up
> being merged.
> If people are interested in helping, I could publish the branch so we
> could work on it together.
>
> After that there might still be some changes in the windows branch that I
> didn't do, so it would be good to evaluate what's left (but probably not so
> much).

I am OK with this, but better talk with Carlos to make sure you get all of
the fixes he has been piling on top of the Windows branch. I'll try to test
your patches with MSVC11 and report whatever problems are found.

Now, I happen to be working on the
> lldbProcessWindows/lldbDynamicLibraryWindows plugins. Many features are
> working (stack trace, breakpoints, stepping, disassembly, threads, locals,
> etc...).
> I currently use it in a MSVC DebugEngine plugin. It's still early stage
> but it's starting to work.
>
> Let me know what you think!

This sounds awesome. I'd love to give it a try, are you open-sourcing the
plugin?

Also are you re-using any of the work that was open-sourced by Embarcadero
for the port? I only gave it a quick glance, but it seemed to have a lot of
code that could be re-used.

--
João Matos