[cfe-dev] BUILD_SHARED_LIBS=True breaks some tests

David Greene via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 8 14:14:26 PST 2019

"Joel E. Denny via cfe-dev" <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> writes:

> Do other Clang developers find BUILD_SHARED_LIBS=True useful? Do you
> see the above failures? Should there be a bot to test that build
> configuration?

I don't use BUILD_SHARED_LIBS=True but if that's a supported option, it
should be tested.

This argument will, of course, lead to an explosion of builders, as the
set of combinations of cmake variables is very large.  It would be
useful to gather the various configurations people use and see if there
is a set of common-ish combinations that is small enough to regularly
test.

We build with RTTI and exceptions enabled and I'll bet there are others
out there that do the same.  But AFAIK there are no bots testing those
options.

                             -David