[cfe-dev] Using qmake and LibTooling

Jens Weller JensWeller at gmx.de
Tue Aug 14 09:09:57 PDT 2012

> Datum: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 19:44:36 +0400
> Von: Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru>
> An: Jens Weller <jensweller at gmx.de>
> CC: "cfe-dev at cs.uiuc.edu" <cfe-dev at cs.uiuc.edu>
> Betreff: Re: [cfe-dev] Using qmake and LibTooling
>
> If all you need is to use Qt in your clang-based tools, I think you should
> stick to CMake. It both supports Qt out of the box and is supported as a
> build system for Clang tools. You can use it within Qt Creator as well.
>
> If you want to use LibTooling with qmake-based builds, you need to
> implement CompilationDatabase support for qmake which is not trivial.

I usually stick to the QtSDK, and I'm right now not so familiar with cmake.
Also both uses the same compiler, shouldn't be to hard to get this setup running.
I have build the libs with the right mingw version, should be able to use them with qmake.

CompilationDatabase? Isn't this a type with in the library?
Why should that have any influence on the make system?

regards,

Jens Weller