[cfe-dev] Using qmake and LibTooling

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Tue Aug 14 09:41:06 PDT 2012

14.08.2012, 20:09, "Jens Weller" <JensWeller at gmx.de>:
>>  Datum: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 19:44:36 +0400
>>  Von: Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru>
>>  An: Jens Weller <jensweller at gmx.de>
>>  CC: "cfe-dev at cs.uiuc.edu" <cfe-dev at cs.uiuc.edu>
>>  Betreff: Re: [cfe-dev] Using qmake and LibTooling
>>
>>  If all you need is to use Qt in your clang-based tools, I think you should
>>  stick to CMake. It both supports Qt out of the box and is supported as a
>>  build system for Clang tools. You can use it within Qt Creator as well.
>>
>>  If you want to use LibTooling with qmake-based builds, you need to
>>  implement CompilationDatabase support for qmake which is not trivial.
>
> I usually stick to the QtSDK, and I'm right now not so familiar with cmake.

And I guess folks here are not familiar with qmake.

If you are willing to get qmake working for you, rebuild PrintFunctionNames with cmake
and check which compiler options were used (you may need to use make VERBOSE=1),
then reproduce them in qmake project.

> Also both uses the same compiler, shouldn't be to hard to get this setup running.
> I have build the libs with the right mingw version, should be able to use them with qmake.

I don't doubt about it :)

> CompilationDatabase? Isn't this a type with in the library?
> Why should that have any influence on the make system?

Well, if your tool will run on 1 source file per invocation, it doesn't influence indeed...

--
Regards,
Konstantin